Tuesday, June 7, 2016

First Published but not the First Written

As of today, my first published work is the first book in a series I have titled "Trinity the Troublemaker." Her adventures are going to center around various topics of concern to children. Things that need to be addressed that may not come to mind. And some things that do come to mind but are difficult to confront. "Trinity and the Bully" is a story focusing on not only the problems that children experience when they encounter bullies, but also a story for the parents who show a blatant disregard for holding their own accountable.

I have stories that will center on difficulties experienced by children with special needs as well as when a child loses a loved one. This series is set in the year nineteen fifty at the beginning of the Korean war, which will serve to play into future stories of Trinity.

As of now, there have been twenty downloaded copies of her adventure with the bully. I consider that a success after five days of running the free promotion. My desire of doing the free promotion on her debut is so my friends could obtain my book without having to pay to read it. I'd feel too funny taking money from my friends, even if it's only $2.99 on Amazon Kindle.

Initially I began her story as an attempt to obtain a writing credit. I have another novel I am saving in my back pocket until I find representation with a publishing agent. However, the more I wrote about this accident prone, caring, loving, flawed, and spirited child the more I began to truly love her and the world I created. Also, the opportunity presented itself that I could accomplish something truly good with each story.

As I release the Trinity the Troublemaker series, and with each topic I address, I shall be donating a portion of the proceeds to a charity associated with the issues I address. Not only will buying the stories help me, but by buying them the reader will also get the satisfaction of having done something to help a charity accomplish something for those in need.

We are living in this world together, and what we do will have repercussions that we may never see or know. Not always will isolation and "minding our own business" prevent negative repercussions. So, if we consider the wellbeing of our communities, neighborhood, the country, and our very planet as our business and we make strides to make a positive change we can create a resonance of cooperation. Please, let it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment