Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Doing my own artwork

My reading and vocabulary is definitely at or beyond the college level. However, my art is right around the third grade which is perfect for the target audience of my Trinity series. I never practiced or was raised with art nurtured, although I have taken several attempts to improve on my own.



My second books cover is a hospital building because the topic of my second book will be tackling the issue of including children with special needs or disabilities into activities with children who do not struggle with those obstacles. Trinity is the little blonde girl and the is featured on the cover of my first book. Although she is accident prone, she always makes amends for the trouble she causes. 

Colin is the young man in the picture below her. The setting of my stories is centered in the fictional town of Westrock, Virginia in the year nineteen fifty. This is in the days before schools were desegregated, however Westrock is not big enough to justify two elementary schools. Colin is the first victim seen being attacked by the bully from "Trinity and the Bully." 

The first three stories of Trinity are going to focus on the topics of bullying, childhood illnesses, and losing a loved one to war. Nineteen fifty was also the beginning of the Korean war. My stories are going to be rich with not only cultural diversity but also conflict and conflict resolution. It's going to be a spectacular adventure and I hope as many people will be able to be a part of it. 

The goal of my stories about Trinity is two fold. First, I want to help cultivate an educational source to foster a sense of empathy in children. The trait of empathy is something that does not have to be left up to the experiences of the child alone, but it is also important for parents to guide their children to be understanding of others who are different from them. Second and as equally important, a portion of the proceeds from the sales of these stories will be donated to a charity associated with the topic that the story covers. 

These children, although they aren't expertly drawn they are going to do some charitable work for our country and perhaps one day the world itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment